Boxing provides a total body workout that builds strength, stamina, agility, improves co-ordination and is great for weight loss.
As a competitive boxer competing for clubs such as Fitzroy Lodge ABC I have benefited from excellent coaching from leading trainers and I am proud to pass this knowledge on to others.
NEW FOR 2019! Chiswick Boxing Open Training Sessions
There are popular fitness exercise and fitness classes and bootcamps that have introduced some of the sports fitness exercises to a wider audience. My approach is different and through the ABAE (Amateur Boxing Association of England) Boxing Tutor Award I have learnt how to introduce the skills, discipline, rewards and benefits of non-contact boxing to both my male and female clients.
These training methods can provide a fun, challenging and safe workout. If you are looking for HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) they can push you to your limit and provide an excellent non-contact way of learning about the sport to everyone no matter your age, fitness level or experience.
Boxing Training and Fitness is great for your mental health and wellbeing:
- Switch off from the outside world and live in the present moment. Boxing requires focus and you won’t have time to think about anything else.
- The increased production of endorphins help regulate emotion and leaving you feeling great even after you leave the gym.
- Learn more about yourself as you develop good technique and precision moving from what feels like random movements to combinations and sequences of moves.
- Improved mental agility from having to react quickly and make instant decisions.
- Overcome stress and anger by learning to channel it and release it safely.
- Increased your stamina through high intensity workouts that benefit your heart and lungs.
- Improved core strength and stability as your core muscles are worked continuously to keep balance.
I maintain a flexible and personalised approach and can provide private coaching on a one to one basis giving beginners a fun introduction to the sport or if you are interested I can integrate the training and techniques into your personal workouts which is a great way to decrease stress and increase confidence and wellbeing.
NOTE: Flashy robes and silky shorts are not required and requests for eye of the tiger to be played during training are likely to be denied.